Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people:
For the stuffing :
- 2 1/4 pounds veal
- 5 large onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme, rosemary)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of herbes de Provence
- Tomato puree, salt, pepper
For the vegetables :
- 8 small green peppers
- 8 round zucchini
- 4 small eggplants
- 8 small tomatoes
- 1/2 bread stick
- Dice the meat in cubes. Peel and finely chop the onions. Peel and slice the garlic. In a casserole dish, brown the cubes of veal in olive oil with the onions and garlic. Add the bouquet garni and leave to simmer 2 hours.
- Wash the vegetables. Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds, turn them over and dry them for 5 minutes in the oven. Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds, brush with olive oil, and cook them for 5 minutes in the oven. Cook the whole zucchini in salted boiling water, and then cut them in half. Cut the eggplants in half, cover them in olive oil, and cook them in the oven for around 5 minutes.
Hollow out the cooked zucchini and eggplant, and put aside the flesh. Fifteen minutes before the veal finishes cooking, add the diced bread, the Herbes de Provence, and the vegetable flesh. Season. When the veal is cooked, put everything through the mincer (fine setting). Place the vegetables on a baking tray, stuff them with the mince, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and drizzle with olive oil. Brown them in the oven at 400°F.
- Serve the stuffed vegetables with tomato puree.